Monday, July 25, 2005

NOT ALWAYS !! ;) … + … LUCKY ESCAPE

I was sitting in the bus station waiting for my bus and there was 15 mins still for my bus to arrive. I was sitting in a bench and there was no one next to me. A girl with a bag and stood at the other end of the bench. I noticed that she was hesitating to sit probably because I am a young handsome guy ( :) ) and how can a typical Andhra girl sit next to me !!. Till this point I have not observed how she looked. I moved completely to one end of the bench to give room for her to sit! But I was afraid because I have to be careful with girls .. somehow I gel very easily with them !! :p .. so did not look at her and pretended as if I did not notice her at all ;) .. now finally she sat down after sometime. Later I noticed that she was actually in some hurry and was searching for her bus !! .. I looked at her .. but hesitated to keluku … she got up roamed here and there and was looking tensed .. still I thought I should not interfere .. but my conscience was telling me to ask her what the problem was and there was this other force telling me not to interfere with girl’s issues.

Finally when I saw her getting disturbed, I asked her what happened.She said she was looking for her bus and is not able to find it. It was 7 25 pm when I asked her and the departure time written on the ticket was 7 30 pm so she had little time. I looked at the ticket there was some number written on it and there was no bus there with that number. I had a heavy luggage so I could not ask anyone also. I calmed down, thought for a while saw a Jubilee bus white in colour. The destination written on this girl’s ticket was JBS. I thought this must be it so asked her to go and ask the conductor she went and came back running saying that was the bus and thanks a lot. Finally realized that she was confusing the “service number” of the bus to “the registration number” :)) .. so.. there ended the story she was very happy with a broad smile. Looked like some Engineering student. She got in the bus and immediately the bus moved. So girls are NOT ALWAYS dangerous ;).

In the night when I was going in my bus, I saw a white bus had gone out of the track and is lying on the road side in a position that seems to have hit a lorry!. For a moment I was shocked to see it. The face of the girl whom I helped in getting into the bus flashed in front of me. I felt it was the same bus she got in and it turned into a reality when someone came hurrying, stopped our bus and said that the 7:30 service bus has gone out of the track when trying to escape from a lorry. I went blank. I thought had I not helped her she would have missed the bus and be safe at some place in Bangalore, don’t know what must have happened now.

Then the words that came were a huge sigh of relief. The bus did not have even a single scratch. It just went into the bushes when the driver tried to escape the lorry. I thanked God for it. Otherwise I don’t know what my reaction would have been!. There were 8 seats empty in our bus ( that’s what the conductor told while there were more in reality) and 8 passengers from that bus came into our bus. I was waiting too see that girl but she never came. I was happy that at least she was safe and would somehow get to her place. That was a real LUCKY ESCAPE.

No comments: